Learn more about the interactive virtual sessions and activities we’ve planned for RISE West 2020, which will take place Sept. 9-11.
RISE West is just a few days away. If you’ve already registered for our live-streamed event, we’ve compiled the highlights, so you make the most out of scheduled sessions and networking opportunities.
Don’t worry if you haven’t registered yet. It’s not too late to take advantage of our special virtual rates. Not sure if the program is right for you? Read on to learn about the sessions, networking, exhibit hall, and fun activities that are in store for you.
More than 20 sessions throughout the three days
You’ll hear from leading experts in risk adjustment, quality performance, documentation, HCC coding practices, member engagement, payer-provider collaboration, and social determinants of health.
Our three preconference workshops on Wednesday, Sept. 9 offer half-day programs on HCC coding, an advanced training for risk adjust professionals, and a new class on member engagement.
General sessions and panel discussions during the main conference will focus on:
- What the COVID-19 pandemic means for 2021 risk and quality scores
- Insights into what members really think about Medicare and Medicare Advantage
- How to create successful cross-sector collaboration to address social determinants of health (SDoH)
- Roundtable discussion with the RISE Risk Adjustment Policy Committee on the regulatory state of the industry
- A question and answer session with NCQA’s Frank Micciche, VP of public policy and external relations, about today’s most pressing quality topics
- The impact of 2020 election results on Medicare, Medicare Advantage, and the ACA with John McDonough, DrPH, MPA, professor of public health practice, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Concurrent tracks will run both days of the main conference.
Sessions included in the risk adjustment and quality track, which will run both days, include:
- Navigating the new post-pandemic world of risk adjustment and quality
- Keys to provider/payer collaboration in a post-pandemic world
- A case study on EDS error correction
- How COVID-19 is affecting your quality engagement scores and how you can shift your midyear strategy accordingly
- Case study spotlight on a successful partnership between a payer and its primary care providers
The innovations and response to COVID-19 track sessions on the first day of the main conference will include:
- A panel discussion on risk adjustment in the new era of telehealth
- The impact of COVID-19 and telehealth coding guidance on RADV audits
Sessions in the trending topics in data and tech track on the second day of the conference will include
- Closing the gap on a risk score deficit with AI analytics
- A case study tapping into SDoH data to advance health equity efforts
It may be hard to choose which session to attend. But you don't have to! One of the perks of the virtual experience is you can hop in and out of concurrent sessions and if you choose to stay in a session throughout the duration, you can access the other sessions after the live event concludes.
Our line-up of keynote speakers includes:
Former Navy SEAL Brent Gleeson, an expert on leadership, culture, and engagement, who will offer insight into how to lead during times of crisis. He will compare stories from the battlefield, lessons learned, and how to apply those lessons during times of crisis, like the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Marc Milstein, Ph.D., scientist and researcher on health and happiness, will help you optimize your brain so you can sleep better, manage stress, boost your memory, and protect your mental health.
Stephen Klasko, M.D., MBA, president and CEO, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, will close out the conference with a presentation on how COVID-19 will change the health care delivery landscape.
Our interactive, speed dating type presentations during lunch on Thursday will spotlight health care's most influential technology and solution gurus presenting tools to elevate your plan's initiatives. The sessions will take place in two 25-minute increments in Zoom meeting format. Be sure to attend! Participants will be entered into a drawing for a luxury brand giveaway prize.
Scheduled roundtables include discussions with
- Hallmark: Hallmark cards close gaps and improve quality scores: Stars, HEDIS, CAHPS, and HOS
- Advantasure: COVID-19 impact and response on prospective risk adjustment using integrated electronic medical record workflow solutions with provider engagement coordination
- CIOX: Cross check: Enhanced HCC coding and second level reviews using NLP with Artificial Intelligence
- Talix: Streamlining telehealth code capture (dos and don’ts) for risk adjustment
- mPulse: 4 strategies to prepare for 4x CAHPS weighting
- Change Healthcare: Improve risk revenue with electronic data retrieval and NLP
- EXL: COVID-19 impacts to value-based payment and risk adjustment
- Ellkay: Don’t just meet the CMS deadline - elevate your organization with the power of true interoperability
- Novu Health: Building beyond data: Achieving next level engagement through true personalization
- Blackhawk: Engaging your members - Focus on HEDIS, CAHPS, Telehealth - How can rewards increase engagement
- iCare: Simplifying provider submission workflows in a post-COVID world
- Apixio: Coder disagreement is putting your organization at risk
Bonus session, fun contest, and network opportunities
Bonus Yoga session
Get out your yoga mat on Friday morning and join us at 9:10 a.m. for our virtual yoga and meditation session before Milstein’s opening keynote with Yoga veteran Kim Larkin, who will guide attendees through breathing exercises, meditation, and gentle yoga to get your morning off to a great start.
Participate in our photo contest!
Show off your home office. Share a photo of your work from home space by noon on Friday, Sept. 11 on the activity feed within the RISE West mobile app. The participant with the most envy-inducing quarantine view will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
We may be virtual, but that doesn’t mean you won’t have a chance to meet with other attendees, exhibitors, and our sponsors. Networking breaks will take place in between select sessions and we’ve also scheduled enhanced networking time in the exhibit hall on both days of the main conference so you can mix and mingle with solution providers and peers to learn the latest and greatest advancements in risk adjustment and quality program improvement.
Be sure to join us for a special virtual networking reception sponsored by Pulse8 at 6 p.m. EST on Thursday, Sept. 10. You definitely don't want to miss it. Comedian Steve Hytner, best known for his role of Kenny Bania on Seinfeld, but also a huge success with appearances on Modern Family, Two and a Half Men, and CSI, is scheduled to entertain during the opening and closing of the reception.
Exhibit hall hours
You’ll also want to visit all our exhibitors in our virtual exhibit hall. The hall will be open Wednesday, Sept. 9 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Thursday, Sept. 10 from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST, and Friday, Sept. 11 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Download the RISE West app
Our RISE West 2020 mobile app has all the important information and features you'll need to enhance your conference experience. Use the app to:
- Check out the full schedule, speakers, and exhibitor listings
- Create your own personalized agenda
- Easily access presentations
- Rate speakers and session topics
- Receive up-to-date announcements
- Engage and network with other attendees
To download the app, follow these five steps:
- STEP 1: Search your app store for “RISE Conference” & download.
- STEP 2: Open the app and then select RISE West 2020.
- STEP 3: Sign in with your first name, last name, and email that you used to register for the conference.
- STEP 4: Check your inbox for a 6-digit code sent from email@example.com to the email address associated with your registration and enter the verification code in the app.
- STEP 5: Use and enjoy the conference app!