The Resource Initiative and Society for Education (RISE) announced that Manjusri Vennamaneni, MD, was awarded the Martin L. Block Award for Clinical Excellence and Innovation at the 12th Annual RISE Nashville Summit earlier this week.
Dr. Vennamaneni is Chief Medical Director and Chief Quality Director for Access Health Care Physicians, LLC. She leads the group practice and its Independent Providers’ Associations (IPAs) with a special focus on compliance, quality, care management, patient engagement and outcomes.
“It is a great honor to receive the Martin L. Block award,” said Dr. Vennamaneni. “It is a very humbling experience. Learning about Dr. Block’s services to the community and healthcare inspired me to continue to strive for better quality care for patients.”
The nomination cited numerous significant accomplishments achieved by Dr. Vennamaneni, contributing directly to the mission of Access Health Care Physicians and its IPA. Among them were that Dr. Vennamaneni has contributed greatly to improvements in the care of seniors by:
- Collaborating with payers to streamline processes for improvement of health outcome measures
- Pioneering process improvements to advance provider productivity and adherence to standards of recommended care
- Working with payers to advance data transparency, data interoperability, integrated care and transitions of care
- Helping create a data-driven culture that embraces data transparency, an integrated care environment that treats the whole patient and improves critical care transitions, and interoperable systems that enable the seamless exchange of outcomes measurement data between clinicians and payers
- Encouraging patients to take a more active role in their own care and treatment.
- Her office was called “the Jewel of Access Health Care,” and was the first in her county to receive
- The coveted Level 3 PCMH designation awarded by the NCQA
- The Diabetic Program recognition from NCQA.
About the Martin L. Block Award for Clinical Excellence and Innovation
The Dr. Martin Block award is given annually to an individual who has made a significant impact in the lives of America’s seniors through clinical leadership, policy vision or through superior example of RISE’s mission to promote continuous improvement in the health care system. The main criteria for this award, in memory of Dr. Martin L. Block of Arizona:
- Nominee may work within the clinical field as an MD, NP, RN, PA, DO or otherwise clinically credentialed.
- Nominee can work for a Healthplan, Accountable Care Organization or Vendor/Supplier to the healthcare marketplace.
- Nominee must have fulfilled one of the following criteria:
- Contributed to significant process improvement in the care of seniors
- Dedicated more than 10 years to exemplary work in this industry
For more information and details please visit: http://risehealth.org/martin-l-block-award