The leading “teamcentric” conference on quality of care and improving member experience will take place June 28-29 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Check out the featured speakers and planned sessions.
Representatives from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) will be among the 30 featured speakers at Qualipalooza 2022: The RISE Quality Leadership Summit, June 28-29, in Las Vegas.
Ashby Wolfe, M.D., MPP, MPH, regional chief medical officer, CMS, and Frank Micciche, vice president of public policy and external relations, NCQA, both pictured right, have been confirmed to speak during a fireside chat on quality and the pursuit of health equity the morning of Tuesday, June 28, the first day of the conference. Ana Handshuh, principal, Cat5 Strategies, and the chair of RISE’s Quality & Revenue Community, will moderate the session.
They’ll follow a keynote presentation on the future of HEDIS® and Stars and how to get ready now by Katharine Iskrant, practice leader, Healthy People, Inc., and David Meyer, principal, Congent Advisors, and a member of the RISE Risk Adjustment Policy Committee.
The jam-packed agenda on the first day will also include sessions on:
- Approaches to improve member engagement featuring Handshuh and Jenn Kerfoot, chief experience officer, FarmboxRx.
- The value of integrating quality throughout the health plan with Karrie Baker, manager, HEDIS, Premera Blue Cross, and Ashley McNairy, MA, PMC IV, product director, Cotiviti, Inc.
- Maximize synergies between risk adjustment and quality with Shannon Decker, M.Ed., MBA, Ph.D., vice president, clinical performance, Brown & Toland Physicians; Kristy Smith, HEDIS program manager, Martin's Point; and Lyle Mioduszewski, R.N., vice president, population health, Ciox Health.
- Innovative strategies to raise satisfaction and improve quality for Part D measures with panelists Nick DiPirro, PharmD, senior solutions manager
Pulse8; Micah Cost, PharmD, MS, chief executive officer, Pharmacy Quality Alliance; and Dr. Robert LoNigro, president, HealthCare Partners, MSO, EVP, Health Care Operations, HealthCare Partners, IPA. The panel will be moderated by Jill Strassler, VP, solutions management, Pulse8.
- Measuring quality outcomes in benefit design with Handshuh and Elizabeth Strachota Benz, vice president, quality and clinical integration, Network Health.
The second day will kick off with a special breakfast session on rising stars video podcast production with Rex Wallace, principal, Rex Wallace Consulting, LLC, Blake Amos, customer retention and experience director, Cigna; Archie Dey, director of consumer experience and insights, SCAN Health Plan; and Mick Twomey, chief executive officer, Hyperlift. Join Wallace and his guests as they record the "Rising Stars" podcast live and discuss the Stars landscape.
Other sessions planned that day include:
- A member-centric approach to prevention and quality with Addison Giannini, senior VP, sales, BioIQ.
- Effective engagement strategies for clinicians and clinical leadership with panelists Jatin Dave, chief medical officer, MassHealth; Noris Reyes, chief operating officer, PrimeHealth Physicians; and Bahar Sedarati, M.D., national medical director, The panel will be moderated by Ryan Dodson, risk adjustment provider liaison, Choice Medical Group.
- Leveraging VA charts for quality improvement featuring speakers Sean Libby, president, BeneLynk; Kacey L. Serrano, MPA, CPC, CRC, director, Medicare Stars and risk adjustment, Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield; and Jason Sloan, VP, Medicare Advantage Stars and risk programs, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.
- A deep dive into the new and revised quality measures with Melissa Smith, EVP consulting and professional services, Healthmine.
- Data-driven approaches to social determinants of health with panelists Amber Smits, quality revenue and health equity program manager, Network Health; Anne Davis, VP of government markets & strategy, Wellth; and Phil Harker, chief growth officer, SameSky Health. The session will be moderated by Carissa Stajnrajh, vice president of clinical strategy, Insightin Health.
Qualipalooza 2022: The RISE Quality Leadership Summit, will take place June 28-29, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to attend the conference. Click here for information about the program and all our health and safety protocols.