Check out the interactive learning sessions and fun activities we’ve got planned for our 14th annual event, which takes place June 26-30.
1. Download the app prior to the event
The mobile app will provide you with everything you need to know about the conference. Use the RISE National 2020 app to:
- Engage and network 1:1 with other attendees
- Create your own personalized agenda
- Receive up-to-date announcements
- Check out the full schedule and speaker line-up
- Interact with attendees via the Activity Feed & Social Wall
- Participate in fun contests throughout the event
To download the app, follow these five steps:
STEP 1: Search your app store for “RISE Conference” & download.
STEP 2: Open the app, then select your RISE event and use the password Episource2020 to download.
STEP 3: Sign in with your first name, last name, and email that you used to register for the conference.
STEP 4: Check your inbox for a 6-digit code sent from email@example.com to the email address associated with your registration and enter the verification code in the app.
STEP 5: Use and enjoy the conference app!
2. Can’t-miss sessions
We have a jam-packed agenda planned for you. You may want to visit the Digitell event page to see all the sessions and personalize the agenda so you can receive notifications when your selected sessions begin. But in the meantime, we’ve highlighted general featured presentations you definitely don’t want to miss:
Star-studded keynote speakers
Emmy-award winner John Quiñones will deliver a keynote presentation at 2 p.m. Monday, June 29, the first full day of the conference, that focuses on the importance of believing in one's self, never giving up, and always doing the right thing.
As the host and creator of What Would You Do?, the highly-rated, hidden camera ethical dilemma newsmagazine, Quiñones has become “the face of doing the right thing” to millions of fans.
The following day, Celebrity Chef Jeff Henderson will share his inspirational life story and lessons for success. Henderson is the star of the nationally syndicated series, Flip My Food with Chef Jeff, where he prepares healthier versions of favorite family and restaurant recipes. But before he discovered his passion for culinary arts, Henderson was a drug dealer and spent nearly a decade incarcerated in federal prison. He’ll tell his emotional story of how he overcame all odds at 9:05 a.m., Tuesday, June 30.
Executive coach and celebrated artist, Allison Massari, will follow with a presentation about the importance of compassionate care and how to transform lives through the art of person-centered care. Massari will provide a first-hand account of her own health care experience after she survived a devastating car accident that left her severely burned.
CMS, OIG presentations
Monday will also feature policy updates from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Office of Inspector General (OIG).
At 10:30 a.m., OIG presenters will discuss the findings and recommendations of work conducted by OIG’s Office of valuation and Inspections on the financial impact of chart reviews on risk scores in Medicare Advantage. Speakers will include Megan H. Tinker, senior advisor for legal affairs; Jacqualine Reid, social science research analyst; and San Le, social science research analyst for evaluation and inspections.
The CMS presentation will follow at 11:20 a.m. with Erin Sutton, deputy director for the Payment Policy and Financial Management Group, and Kelly Drury, director, division of risk adjustment operations.
Paul Cotton, director, federal affairs, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) will discuss health care community hot topics during a fireside chat with Moderator Ana Handshuh, principal, CAT5 Strategies, at 11:05 a.m., Tuesday, June 30. Expect Cotton to delve into NCQA’s guidance through the COVID-19 pandemic, HEDIS® measures in this new environment, and adapting to a virtual health delivery system through telehealth.
Sessions in concurrent tracks
It will likely be hard to choose which session to attend. But you don’t have to! One of the perks of the virtual experience is you can hop in and out of concurrent sessions and if you choose to stay in a session throughout its duration, you can access the other sessions after the live event concludes.
3. Take advantage of Interactive Roundtables
Our sponsored interactive roundtables will take place in 20-minute increments during lunch on Monday and Tuesday. The roundtable topics will be listed in the Digitell event page. To join a roundtable, click on the topic of your choice and you will be directed to the sponsor’s virtual exhibit booth. Once there, click the virtual showcase tab to take part in the roundtable.
Here are topics planned so far over the course of the conference:
- Leveraging population health management to optimize care delivery for under-served with BioMedix
- Accelerate time to market for new networks with Clarify's national dataset with Clarify Health
- HCC Coder in real life: tips from an HCC Coder power user with InnoviHealth
- Want better quality & risk scores? Good clean clinical data can get you there with Intersystems
- Take the express lane to driving quality and risk adjustment revenue with Novu
- Strengthening the health plan & member relationship with better engagement, product demo with Revel Health
- Addressing COVID-19 impacts on HEDIS and CAHPS with SPH Analytics
- Maximizing subcontractor relationships: A focused and open roundtable on how to best approach subcontracting for risk adjustment success with Visionary RCM
- Leverage unstructured data to optimize reimbursement, manage risk, and implement quality improvements with Wolters Kluwer
- New levers to deliver care in a COVID-19 world with BioIQ
- Encounter platform selection success: The definitive guide with Edifecs
- Hallmark cards close gaps and improve quality scores: Stars, HEDIS, CAHPS, and HOS with Hallmark
- A conversation about AI-powered engagement with HealthX
- CDI: Health plan/provider collaboration-The key to providing quality care for the underserved with i2i Population Health
- Using AI to improve accuracy and reduce HCC coding costs with Secure Exchange Solutions
4. Visit our exhibitors in the Virtual Exhibit Hall
Our virtual exhibit hall will allow you to participate in one-on-one messaging with solutions providers, ask questions about technologies, and opt-in to share your contact information with sponsors. The exhibit hall will be open on the following dates and times (even if you aren’t registered for pre-conference sessions on Friday, you can still visit the exhibit hall):
- June 26, 2020: 12:00pm-5:00 p.m.
- June 29, 2020: 8:00am-6:45 p.m.
- June 30, 2020: 8:00am-5:45 p.m.
5. Join the Social Media Contest
All attendees are encouraged to share a photo of the pet or human who's been sharing your work-from-home space on the activity feed within the mobile app. The participant with the cutest coworker will receive a $50 Amazon gift card! Post the image before 12 p.m. on June 30th to be entered.
6. Take part in the Virtual Challenge
Are you ready for some friendly competition? Participate in our virtual challenge to gather points and badges. The more you do, the more points and badges you earn. When you download the app, click on the “Achievements” tab to see what challenges are available, the number of points earned, and the badges issued upon completion. Be sure to check back to view where you stand on the leaderboard throughout the event. Winner gets bragging rights and a $200 Amazon Gift Card.
7. If eligible, participate in the Luxury Brand Giveaway
Eligible attendees can shop for a complimentary luxury gift from Kate Spade or Bose simply by visiting with participating sponsors and taking part in the Virtual Challenge! Eligible attendees will receive an email prior to the conference with details on what they need to do to qualify. More details can also be found the Luxury Brand Giveaway tab of the event.
8. Network with your peers
Engage in chat during sessions or send private chats. When you're logged into a session, you'll see the chat window within the virtual player where you can say hello, introduce yourself, and engage with other participants. To chat 1:1 with another attendee, simply right click on their name within the chat window to launch a private chat or use the mobile app to access a full list of attendees and network.
9. Earn CEUs
Be sure to complete all alertness checks for every session during the conference to qualify for CEU credits. Details about which sessions have been approved or anticipated approval for AAPC CEUs, ACCME/ACPE/ANCC CEUS, AHIMA credits, CCB credits, CPE credits are available in the app.
10. View tribute to health care providers lost on the frontline of COVID-19
This year, in recognition of the life work of the late Dr. Martin L. Block, an expert in the risk adjustment industry who had a passion to improve patient care, RISE honors doctors and nurses who have contracted and died from COVID-19. We believe Dr. Block, who died in October 2013 of brain cancer at the age of 62, would support our decision to memorialize these health care professionals who succumbed to the virus. You can view the tribute wall under the Tribute to Frontline Workers tab in the event.
Haven't registered for the event? It's not too late. Click here to learn more.